Here is a lovely pancake recipe that combines the flavor of coconut with sweet curry powder. For an even stronger coconut element, substitute lite coconut milk for the milk in the recipe.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsp sugar
1 cup unsweetened fine dessicated coconut
1 1/4 cups milk
2 Tbs butter, melted and cooled
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp sweet Madras curry powder
neutral cooking oil, such as canola or grapeseed
1. Dice 1 1/2 bananas. Cut remaining 1 1/2 bananas into rounds to serve on top.
2. Beat eggs, butter, and milk in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix flour, coconut, salt, and baking powder. Add flour mixture to egg mixture. Whisk in curry powder and diced bananas.
3. Heat a large pan and coat with a thin layer of butter. Add 1 Tbs of oil. The butter separates the oil from the pan, helping the pancakes brown evenly. Repeat this process after each batch of pancakes, or as necessary.
2. Add batter to pan, using about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. When pancakes begin to brown flip and cook until golden. Place cooked pancakes on a heatproof plate in a warm oven.
4. Serve with sliced banana and fresh or sweetened dried coconut shavings and maple syrup, if desired.